ramblings of a law student with a family history of neurosis

the ramblings of a law student with a family history of neurosis

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Finally... last weekend

Ice Cream and Bio-Degradable spoons yes please!

Okay, this has been a long time coming, and I am sorry for that. I actually wrote this post twice but am having some computer difficulties. (Namely my computer is nearing the ripe old age of seven and her- yes I am anthropomorphizing her- hard drive is dying. Thankfully i have everything backed up so it shouldn't be a huge problem but it does mean I know where the last of my graduation money is going.)
But my weekend...
I spent Saturday doing homework (yes real homework, I had to read and brief cases for my contracts classes.) I also cleaned the house. I spent the evening with Dip Girl barbecuing and getting ready for Sunday, namely we baked. We made coco pink couplets, which are amazing, and watched cheesey chick-flicks.  A group of us decided to go wine tasting and do a potluck picnic at one of the vineyards.
Leaving town when the weather finally cleared
It was an AMAZING day, despite the weather, we had two of our group try to back out because of drizzle. But it ended up clearing in time for us to eat and walk around Middleburg and adorable town (kind of like Carmel but with fox hunting instead of golf.)    
Wine tasting in Virginia has been a new experience for me. Growing up where I did I was raised around wine culture and I love going to Napa. When I have done tasting in California I tend to seek out wineries with big bold reds (and sparkling wine, I love Champaign!) I like whites too I just love reds. Now Virginia is pushing he way into the red business, but the weather here isn't conclusive to many of the grapes, (I am not exactly sure why but I am sure I will have a useful comment pop up with some helpful information. I am looking at you Great Legs Wine Goddess, here after GLWG and yes that is sucking up but you get that when you comment.) This means you have to have a really careful wine maker and the red wines tend to be really expensive.  What does this mean for me, well it means that  I am developing my palette for white wines, something that I have really enjoyed so far.
Gotta love an old time soda fountain 
After our wine tasting and wondering around the town, we also stopped in an 80 year old soda fountain and had a lovely afternoon snack.

Coming soon... In My Back Yard, meeting law school people, the computer saga, my furniture, restaurant week and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment