ramblings of a law student with a family history of neurosis

the ramblings of a law student with a family history of neurosis

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

This is why I have a roommate


Today as I was unpacking my bag my roommate cam into my room. We were chatting about this and that and our love for the former tenants, who signed us up for massive numbers of coupons, came up. We chatted a little bit looking at places that looked good and we might want to try. Commenting on the totally free ones. I was thumbing through them and she was playing with the dog, both of generally quite and contemplative, as is frequently the case when we get home exhausted from a long day.
"We have to use this one soon it expires Monday" I say of the free smoothie coupon from McDonalds. I finish getting my stuff out intent to work and she says "hey do you want to go now?" I think knowing very well that the responsible thing to do would be work some more but say "yea lets go." 
As we unhook the roof on her miata, to enjoy the last colorful moment of the sunset and then the perfect fall night we were having she asks "do you want to get five guys after?"
"yes" we both smile and laugh.
It was great to go into McDonalds and pay nothing, especially because you know the intent is to suck you in and have you buy something. (My personal good dead for the rainforest today) The smoothie was very good, espeically because it was free, but I don't think Jamba Juice has anything to worry about. 
Five guys was amazing as ever. I think Grace ate as many fries as my roommate combined, I am surprised she hasn't thrown up. (she is quite the pig but more on that later.)
It was a really good evening, the sort of evening you hope to have when you respond to a post on your universities housing board.     

No comments:

Post a Comment