ramblings of a law student with a family history of neurosis

the ramblings of a law student with a family history of neurosis

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Bitten, burned and undetered.

I love visiting the shore. In all honesty it is probably my favorite vacation spot. (Part of that I will admit has to do with how I classify vactions in my head, I feel like if you come back more tired than when you left it is a trip rather than a vacation- which basically leaves out major cities.)
It doesn't really have to do with the beach, I am still partail to the beaches I grew up going to, and I am really not a sun worshiper. (Not that I wouldn't love to be but the sun doesn't tend to like those of us whose complextion falls on a makeup scale somewhere between "translusent" and "pale ivory.") I tend to be the person on the beach in a hat, cover up and SPF 75 sitting under an umbrella; today I went out with only SPF 15 on and paid the price. I can usually tell when I should move inside but we had a bit of a breeze, the only real sign that we had just missed a huricane, and I wasn't as aware of the temperature of my skin as I usually am. Needless to say I am now somewhere between candy apple and boild lobster.
No the reason I love the shore has got to be my family here, especially my aunt. Her home is so warm and full of light. We always end up having wonderful converations and eating way too much fabulous food. She and my uncle have completely redone a 1920's shore house and it is beautiful, the only house I feel as comfortable in as my mom's. Everything is done in beautiful sea inspired colors, soft muted tones, comfortable furnature. Every morning I wake up and the house smells like it has been bathed in sun light- bonus if she has been baking fresh blue berry muffins like this morrning. (For those of you who have read harry potter I think that morning in my aunt house would be one of the scents my felix fleicis potion. God I think my geek is showing.) I always leave feeling so rested and ready to face the world, it couldn't feel further from DC and the stress of law school and real life.   

No comments:

Post a Comment