ramblings of a law student with a family history of neurosis

the ramblings of a law student with a family history of neurosis

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

One more week...

So dip girl leaves for Cambodia on Saturday. So in between freaking out and trying to get another brief written, I am trying to pack in as much fun with her as possible. Saturday was wonderful, well other than the epic loss by the my Cal bears. (We had to leave sign of the whale early because it was so miserable, but hey at least the bar did free drinks for the first quarter so it wasn't a total loss. And we all know how much faith I have in my bay area teams.) After the game Dip Girl got to meet Hotlanta- we went out to a farm in Virgina where they had a haunted corn maze, spooky hay ride and many other frightful activities. It was amazing. Each of us had our moments screaming like a girl. Including Hotlanta who after a particularly girlish scream said "what does it look like I was a line-backer in high school?" Which was far and away the quote of the night. It was more fun than the haunted houses I would go to back home with my friends, and Dip Girl and I decided that this was because in California there are a surplus of out of work actors who play monsters and take their jobs way to seriously. The high schoolers who staffed this didn't have quite the same drive. We also bought pumpkins and apples and apple cider. (The cider is currently frozen for Halloween when it will be heated and made into some sort of yummy cocktail!)
Sunday we went to brunch at Cafe Belga which has been Dip Girl and my favorite place for brunch since we lived on the hill a few summers ago. It is more of a trek now so we don't get out there as much but Dip Girl figured there won't be much good Belgium food in Cambodia. We stuffed ourselves on mussels, french fries and waffles and then had to be rolled out of the restaurant we were so full.
Then yesterday was the amazing meal of mole and margaritas (I really don't think there is anything better). Once again we ate so much we had to be rolled out of the restaurant, and enjoyed the crisp walk to metro. (Not the ride so much)
Tonight I am laying claim to all the food she couldn't finish before she left.
Tomorrow I am dragging her out dancing.
Friday the movers come to pack away her stuff, and I am joining her so that it is less weird. (When the US government moves you their movers have to box everything for you so they know you aren't taking anything illegal or just that you aren't supposed to move on government money, but you have to watch them so that packing is done how you want, it is very strange and slightly awkward.)
Then Saturday bright and early she leaves and I start getting ready for exams!

1 comment:

  1. That was an excellent week. I'm sorry to have taken you away from your homework, but not sorry enough to regret it. And good news from Cambodia - I've probably lost all that weight we gained and then some because of being sick! Go figure!

    ReplyDelete