ramblings of a law student with a family history of neurosis

the ramblings of a law student with a family history of neurosis

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Oh Giants how I love thee...but its a good thing I am a bit of a masochist.

Honestly there is a reason the Folsom Street Fair has such a welcoming audience in San Fransisco; Bay Area residents have been enjoying the torture of Giants baseball for five decades. 
 I love baseball, I was raised on Giants baseball. My father has been a fan since they moved to San Fransisco. I know that if I ever wanted to break my fathers heart (or kill him) all I would have to do is come home in the blue and white of the dreaded dodgers.I don't have a TV and I was going to avoid the pain that is Giants' baseball, just keep track of playoffs on the periphery. I knew it was best to stay away lest it suck me in like an all to tempting drug whose high is not worth the pain as you come down. Then last night's Bar Review (the clever pun for our weekly law school "social" gathering) was at a sports bar... I walk in and I am surrounded by the Giants/Braves game. And Tim Lincecum was doing an amazing job pitching despite the lack of support from the lineup. (14 Strike out, shut out, full game pitched thank you very much. I am a little in love with him, if only he would stop with the chew, gross.) So I watched  the game rather than meet people or be social. I squealed, I pounded on the table I groaned. To which my East Coast gay Best Friend (here after dubbed "hotlanta"- it is a long story mostly based on his being from Atlanta) cheekily pointed at me and said "what is this, who are you, what is going on? I haven't seen this side of you and I don't like it."
Needless to say I was hooked. I wore my jersey today, I searched out a place to watch the game, and awkwardly sat at a prime booth for hours. Only to be let down. We were ahead by four runs and lost it. We had the bases loaded and did nothing with it. And now we have to go to Atlanta tied in the series. But, because there is always hope, I leave with this...
Yep that is Tim Lincecum with his dog Cy...
(we would be getting married if not for his chew habit.)
Photograph © Black Oak French Bulldogs
 

No comments:

Post a Comment