ramblings of a law student with a family history of neurosis

the ramblings of a law student with a family history of neurosis

Thursday, January 14, 2016

The New Year (or Third)

I am not a devotee of New Year’s resolutions, and maybe it is a false hope to think that I will get back in the habit of writing, but a new year does seem like a good time to turn a leaf and write again. Of course the stated purpose of my writing was to keep in touch with my family from a distance, which is less essential now that I am back home. 
I am sorry that I have been so inattentive. Sometimes the practice of blogging feels a bit “navel gaze-y,” and I wonder if I am falling into the stereotype of a self-important millennial assuming anyone wants to read my thoughts. (Case and point: apologizing for not writing as if anyone was waiting with bated breath for me to post again; other than my parents. Insert gold star parent joke here.)

 I hope I have something interesting to say. Being back in my home town, with all of its quirks; practicing law at a firm that feels like a big fish because of our tiny pond; faking adulthood as a twenty something. Thanks for coming back. Let me know if I am being an idiot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment